This page offers downloads for the BioJava 1.6 release.
BioJava 1.6 requires on Java 1.5 or later. If you require Java 1.4.2 then please download the previous release 1.5
A complete download is available as the biojava-1.6.1-all.jar file (24Mb). The file contains all binaries, required jars, docs, source, test, demos and apps as gzipped tar files. For some browsers, right click and select “Save Link As”.
This file contains documentation, source and binaries. Please note that this JAR file cannot be dropped directly into your class path. You need to unpack the binaries first (or download them seperately below).
A binary distribution is available as biojava.jar file (3.3Mb). For some browsers, right click and select “Save Link As”.
- bytecode.jar: Required to run biojava
- commons-cli.jar: Only required to compile and use some of the demos
- commons-collections-2.1.jar: only required for some demos and BioSQL access (and building biojava.jar)
- commons-dbcp-1.1.jar: Only required for legacy BioSQL access (and building biojava.jar)
- commons-pool-1.1.jar: Only required for legacy BioSQL access (and building biojava.jar)
- jgrapht-jdk1.5.jar: Only required for NEXUS file parsing (and building biojava.jar)
Documentation is available via biojava-docs.jar (10Mb) that includes the javadocs for the API, demos and apps. For some browsers, right click and select “Save Link As”.
You can also browse the documentation at BioJava 1.6 api