This page offers downloads for the BioJava Legacy 1.8.1 release.
BioJava Legacy 1.8.1 requires Java 1.5 or later.
BioJava legacy 1.8.1 has been released and is available using Maven from http://biojava.org/download/maven/
Over the last year BioJava has undergone a major re-write. A new code base has been started under the codename BioJava 3. The old BioJava code (or BioJava 1 or BioJava Legacy) has been modularized into small, re-usable components and is available for download on this page.
You can add the BioJava repository by adding the following XML to your project .pom file:
<repositories> ... <repository> <id>biojava-maven-repo</id> <name>BioJava repository</name> <url>http://www.biojava.org/download/maven/</url> </repository> </repositories>
Download the entire maven project at once:
Or each module individually: (faster if you just want the jars)
Browse API docs
You can also browse the documentation at BioJava Legacy 1.8 api
BioJava 1.8 has been released on December 28th, 2010.
BioJava 1.8.1 has been released on February 13th, 2011.
Necessary libraries are available in maven repositories
- commons-cli.jar: Only required to compile and use some of the demos
- commons-collections-2.1.jar: only required for some demos and BioSQL access (and building biojava.jar)
- commons-dbcp-1.1.jar: Only required for legacy BioSQL access (and building biojava.jar)
- commons-pool-1.1.jar: Only required for legacy BioSQL access (and building biojava.jar)
- jgrapht-jdk1.5.jar: Only required for NEXUS file parsing (and building biojava.jar)
Getting older versions
- The legacy release of 1.7.1 can be found here (requires Java 1.5+)
- The legacy release of 1.7 can be found here (requires Java 1.5+)
- The legacy release of 1.6 can be found here (requires Java 1.5+)
- The legacy release of 1.5 can be found here (requires Java 1.4.2+)
- The legacy release of 1.4 can be found here
- The legacy release 1.3 can be found here.
Getting BioJava 3
- BioJava 3 can be found in the download area.