This page offers downloads for the BioJava 3.0.1 release.
BioJava 3.0.1 requires Java 1.6 or later.
BioJava 3.0.1 has been released and is available using Maven from http://biojava.org/download/maven/
Over the last year BioJava has undergone a major re-write. It has been modularized into small, re-usable components and a number of new features have been added. The new approach, modeled after the apache commons, minimizes dependencies and allows for easier contribution of new components.
The 3.0.1 release is mainly a bug fix release for the recent 3.0 released which provided a major rewrite of the biojava code base.
You can add the BioJava repository by adding the following XML to your project .pom file:
<repositories> ... <repository> <id>biojava-maven-repo</id> <name>BioJava repository</name> <url>http://www.biojava.org/download/maven/</url> </repository> </repositories>
.tar.gz containing all jars, source and javadocs: biojava3.0.1-all
|Module||Binary Jar||Source Jar||Javadoc Jar|
Browse API docs
You can also browse the documentation at BioJava 3.0.1 api
BioJava 3.0.1 has been released on February 13th, 2011.
Not every feature of the BioJava 1.X code base was migrated over to BioJava 3.0.1. A modularized version of the 1.X sources is available as a new “biojava-legacy” project in SVN. The current legacy builds are at version 1.8. (also available via Maven)
Getting older versions
- The legacy release of 3.0 can be found here (requires Java 1.5+)
- The legacy release of 1.8 can be found here (requires Java 1.5+)
- The legacy release of 1.7.1 can be found here (requires Java 1.5+)
- The legacy release of 1.7 can be found here (requires Java 1.5+)
- The legacy release of 1.6 can be found here (requires Java 1.5+)
- The legacy release of 1.5 can be found here (requires Java 1.4.2+)
- The legacy release of 1.4 can be found here
- The legacy release 1.3 can be found here.
- Older releases of BioJava can be found in the download area.