Work in progress …
WARNING:Vincent Rouilly 15:18, 17 August 2009 (UTC): this is a very preliminary tutorial. It worked for me, but this tutorial would need some more inputs to be more robust. Please drop your comments / feedback at the bottom of the page if you have given it a try.
- Java 1.5
- Eclipse 3.4.1 + Google App Engine plug-in from http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/tools/eclipse.html
- Dazzle code into /tmp/dazzle from: svn checkout http://www.derkholm.net/svn/repos/dazzle/trunk /tmp/dazzle
- Create new Google App Engine project from Eclipse (after Google
Engine plug-in installation):
- Project name: dazzle
- Package: org.biojava.servlets.dazzle
- Uncheck ‘Use Google Web Toolkit’
- Import ‘dazzle’ Jar files into ‘dazzle google engine’ project
- In Eclipse, ‘dazzle’ project Properties -> Java Build Path -> Add External Jars
- Import from /tmp/dazzle/jars: bioJava.jar, bytecode.jar, dasmi-model.jar, servlet-api-2.3.jar
- Import ‘dazzle’ ressources folder into ‘dazzle google engine’
- drag-and-drop /tmp/dazzle/resources folder into ‘Eclipse:/dazzle’ folder
- Import ‘dazzle’ src files into ‘dazzle google engine’ project
- drag-and-drop /tmp/dazzle/src/org folder into ‘Eclipse:/ dazzle/src’ folder
- Comment: you should have 3 errors due to the use of Context in ‘MysqlFeatureCache’. For now, I just commented the 2 lines involved.
- Import /tmp/dazzle/dazzle-webapp files into ‘dazzle google engine’ project
- drag-and-drop files from /tmp/dazzle/dazzle-webapp into Eclipse:/dazzle/war/. (do not select WEB-INF folder)
- Import Jars to WEB-INF/lib
- drag and drop jar files from /tmp/dazzle/jars into ‘dazzle google engine’ Eclipse:/dazzle/war/WEB-INF/lib
- biojava.jar, bytecode.jar, dasmi-model.jar, servelt-api-2.3.jar, dazzle.jar
- Update web.xml file in Eclipse:/dazzle/war/WEB-INF/
- Run application in Eclipse as web Application (standalone test)
- check with your web browser: http://localhost:8080/das/dsn
- If it works, you can create a Google App Engine Application ID and deploy your dazzle server on the cloud.
Comments / Feedback
- write your comment here …
Below is a screenshot of an eclipse project layout after successfully following the above instructions.